Current Employment Opportunities with the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
- Open Shop Coordinators
- 7/22/2013: Lead Instructor (certified League Cycling Instructor)
Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, Bici Centro not for profit community bike shop (http://sbbike.org), seeks a motivated and qualified individual to assist in working on sale bikes. Duties include refurbishing bikes for community programs and retail. You may also work with customers and clients at times. This is a part time seasonal position, 10-15 hrs per week. Pay rate $10-12/hr based on experience.
Shop manager and Executive Director
Other staff, volunteers, customers. clients and donors.
Diagnose, Refurbish, and final check bikes for distribution or sale
As-needed facility clean-up and organization
Provide customer service, including repair diagnosis, sales and point-of-sale operation
Communicate messages and needs to other staff and volunteers
Represent the Bici Centro Shop and SB Bicycle Coalition to patrons.
Successful candidates will have previous professional experience in the following areas:
In addition, the following skills and experiences are desirable:
Professional attitude and teamwork ethic
Customer communication in a retail environment
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Send resumes to email@example.com Please attach your resume as a pdf.
7/26/2013: Open Shop Coordinators
Bici Centro, a project of the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, is a community DIY bicycle repair shop and education center, with the goal of facilitating skill share and increased reliability and safety for Santa Barbara bicycle riders.
We are hiring Community Open Shop Coordinators to facilitate one open shop shift each week.
Tuesdays 3:30 – 7:30 pm
Wednesday 3:30 – 7:30 pm
Thursdays 3:30 – 7:30 pm
Saturdays 1:30 – 5:30 pm
• operation of cash register and POS system
• greeting and signing in patrons of the shop
• teaching patrons bicycle repair skills
• coordinating and appropriately tasking shop volunteers
• organizing shop pre and post open hours
• Background in bicycle mechanics
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Ability to multi-task and maintain awareness of all happenings in a busy shop
• Background in community based projects, community service, or non-profit work
• Knowledge of Santa Barbara Bicycle Community and safe bicycle riding practices
• Firmly believes in bicycles as a viable form of transportation
Please include resume and cover letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
7/22/2013: Lead Instructor (certified League Cycling Instructor)
ORGANIZATION: Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, DBA Bici Centro
TITLE: Lead Instructor
JOB TYPE: Contract based, 5 hours weekly
LOCATION: Santa Barbara (CA)
PAY RATE: $15- $17.50 Hour DOE
WHAT WE ARE: The Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition is a countywide advocacy and resource organization that promotes bicycling for safe transportation and recreation.
Bici Centro, a project of the SB Bike, is a community DIY bicycle repair shop and education center, with the goal of facilitating skill share and increased reliability and safety for Santa Barbara bicycle riders.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Bici Centro Bicycle Repair Shop and Education Center seeks a qualified educator for class instruction during the 2013-2014 school year. The after-school classes empower junior high students to become drivers of their bicycles for safe transportation and recreation. This position will report to the Education Director of the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition.
- Certification by the League of American Bicyclists as a League Cycling Instructor
- Demonstrated capacity in teaching groups.
- Self-motivated person who can work effectively in both a chaotic environment
- Strong communication skills including: interpersonal, electronic, and group setting
- Ability to effectively teach cirriculum and lead in class settings
- Organizational skills
- Computer literacy and use of email communication.
- Ability to set measurable goals and see them through to their completion
- Commitment to the use of the bicycle as a legitimate form of transportation
Please include resume and cover letter to be sent to email@example.com
To View Document: Open Shop Coordinator.docx