Bicycling Education Coordinator (Santa Maria, SB North County)
Organization: Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition, DBA Bici Centro
Title: Education Coordinator
Job Type: Contract based (20h/week)
Location: Santa Barbara North County (Santa Maria, CA)
Pay Rate: $15+ Hour DOE
The Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition (SBBIKE) is a countywide advocacy and resource organization that promotes bicycling for safe transportation and recreation. Bici Centro, a project of the SBBIKE, is a community DIY bicycle repair shop and education center, with the goal of facilitating skill share and increased reliability and safety for Santa Barbara county riders.
SBBIKE is looking for a motivated individual who will grow the existing Santa Maria area youth education programs as well as develop some adult bike education and outreach for businesses.
Education Director & Executive Director
1) Scheduling and coordinating educational offerings in North County including:
· Street Skills for adults
· Lunch & Learn for businesses
· Youth Earn a Bike type Programming
· Family-Focused Bike Education Events
· Related Elements that complement the overall program
2) Using SBBIKE website for marketing and recruitment of students in North County
3) strategically planning, developing, and implementing programs using volunteers, certified instructors and available financial resources
4) Recruiting, training bicycling instructors & teaching assistants (team work with Education Director)
5) Recruiting volunteers and ongoing program support
6) Developing partnerships with other stakeholders in the community
7) Developing outcome measures and means of data collection
· Strong organizational skills
· Computer literacy; use of social media (Facebook)
· Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
· A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
· Team-oriented and able to accept ideas and strategy from other individuals
· Ability to establish relationship with governmental and non-profit organizations to further the mission of SBBIKE
· Experience with budgeting and expense reporting
· Experience measuring outcomes: results oriented
· Ability to act as a professional and responsible ambassador for SBBIKE: answer questions knowledgably
· Willing to drive for outreach event in Santa Barbara County
· Must possess a valid drivers license, a clean driving record with no moving violations in the past three years
· Enthusiasm for bicycling in all its forms (commuting, recreation and sport)
· A good “people person” with strong oral and/or writing skills
· Certification as a League Cycling Instructor (LCI)
· Spanish fluency
How to apply:
Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
Please include resume and cover letter to be sent to email@example.com
Please attach your resume as a PDF.
All materials should be received by February 13, 2015.